January 5, 2010

Day 1 of the rest of my healthy new life ...

Got sidetracked over the weekend with the Boyfriend (which extended into Monday, because we're both off on Mondays), but I was back on track today.

Needless to say, the year so far has not been a great one for my theme, "just do it." I've had moments, but most of the time has been spent NOT doing what needs to be done.

That changes now. I need to do this for myself ... I need to do it to stop the scale's creep in the wrong direction (up another pound since last Monday's official WW weigh-in).

Today was a great day. I stayed in my Points, without eating any FPs, and I got in 20 minutes of exercise — a 15-minute walk, plus extra walking and some toning exercises while I watched "The Biggest Loser" season premiere that I taped earlier tonight. Right now I'm drinking green tea while I blog and watch the show, but as soon as I'm done blogging, I'm going to pick up the weights.

For dinner, I tried a new recipe. I bought the Hungry Girl recipe cards with part of my Christmas gift card from my brother and sister-in-law, and made the sesame peanut noodles (using tofu shirataki noodles). They were pretty good, though I think I prefer the "Hungry Girlfredo" fettucine Alfredo swap. Maybe if I bulk them up a little with some ham or chicken or something ... I was hungry too soon after eating dinner. Had to have some beet salad and then some almonds shortly thereafter.

Then again, the total for all that food was just 7 Points (4 for the noodles, 1 for the beets and 2 for the almonds). That's not a bad total for dinner (especially after several days of overindulging).

Here's the Tweet, Eat, Post chart for the day:

FoodUnits
ww 2-point almond crunch bar — yum! 2
ww cheddar twists 2
greek salad w/ chicken 6
fiber one pop tart 3
hg peanut noodles 4
orange-beet salad 1
15-minute walk
100-cal pk almonds 2
100-cal pak chocolate covered pretzels 2
2 clementines 1
Total:23

Table provided by Roni's Food Tweet, Eat, Post Generator.



Goals for Wednesday:

• Eat just 23 Points, using perhaps 2 or 3 FPs (no more)
• Get at least 10 minutes of exercise
• Drink at least 8 8-ounce glasses of liquid (mostly H2O)
• Track every morsel that goes into my mouth

Totally do-able, I know!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! i love your spirit! that's what i'm going with for the new year. that this is MY year! the weightloss starts now! and i LOVE the hungry girl cookbooks and i am vegetarian so i should love tofu but i hate it and i'm scared to try the tofu noodles. would you recommend them or were they just good for the small amount of points that they are? good luck with your weightloss you can do it with your new attitude! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! it does get hard to get protein which sucks that i dont like tofu. i hate the texture it makes me sick. but thank you i will definitley at least try it!

    ReplyDelete