November 12, 2009

Off to a much better start (11/12 Breakfast & Lunch)


There still aren't enough hours in the day to get done all I want to do ... but today I chose exercise.

After being up until 3:30 a.m., I slept until about 10:30. Then I got up and had a healthy breakfast. I had two of these Egg-o-Muffins in the freezer, so I heated them up, threw them on a light English muffin smeared with just a little light mayo and had a delicious (and filling) breakfast to power me through the ext
ra-long walk I had planned. It weighed in at 4 Points (2 for the eggs, 1 each for the muffin and mayo).

Next, I fired up the iPod and hit the pavement. I headed into a nearby neighborhood with a few good-sized hills, figuring I needed the hills after last night's book club meeting fiasco.

All told, the Nike+ said I walked 3.8 km (a little over 2 miles) in 42 minutes. Now, I know this isn't quite right, because it stopped registering my pace (and progress) at least three times. I probably walked closer to 3 1/2 ... but that's just a guesstimate.

When I got back to the house, I spent a little time online, uploading my walk to the Nike Web site and checking Twitter, then headed to the kitchen to make myse
lf some lunch before work. I opted for quick and easy with some instant brown rice, Hormel turkey chili and grilled zucchini. Yum — and all for just 7 Points!

Now, it's time to get ready for work. No writing for me this morning. But I do feel better for having treated my body to the nice, brisk walk it needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment